Highlights for Children

Do any of your kids get this magazine? Do they like it? An ad for it came in the mail yesterday, and my stepson raved about how much he looked forward to getting it every month when he was little and his grandma bought a subscription each year. My daughter doesn't read yet, but I'm wondering if this might encourage her to try.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Entertainment

• My Son has gotten it for years. Since he was about 3. He saved them all & loves them. Now he's 6 & goes back & reads the old ones since he can read now. He also gets National Geographic kids magazine. He used to get Animal Baby, The Big Backyard & then Ranger rick. They are all great & we have them all saved on his book shelf. Now my 2 year old reads (looks) at the Animal Baby books. They have thicker pages like a board book.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I loved these as a child I really feel it helped me learn. I really had no one to help me read but because it was fun stuff I'd want to. I forgot all about these I might have to get these for my Los.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I got it fr my son, he used to flip through it and do one or two activities, now he doesn't even glance at it. So I would maybe see if you have a friend that subscribes that you could borrow one and see if she likes it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I use to love this magazine. My son has no interest in it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• DS never really got into it except for the hidden picture things. DD likes it, but not so much that I will renew her subscription.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• My grandmother gets each of my kids a subscription every year, and they both love it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I got this magazine as a kid too. It was FUN! There are short aticles, mazes, connect-the-dots, all kinds of activity stuff, as well as uplifting messages/stories. It IS a christian based magazine for kids. It's not too horrible though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It's Christian based? I never even knew that!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• My girls love it! I think it's worth it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• My kids enjoy it
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013