Not following the co

My ex texted me and said he will no longer be picking our son up at the police station because he said he is uncomfortable picking him up there and that it makes him feel like he did something wrong. He said if he has to pick him up at the police station that he won't show up there. I told him I am not willing to let him come to my house when he comes to my house he verbally harrasses me, doesn't pick our son up on time or bring him back on time. I told him if he refuses to go to the police station then guess he won't be seeing our son. Advice?

AAP1988

Asked by AAP1988 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Pretty much says it all. Stick to your guns on this one! Maybe he has something to hide from???
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Could you find an alternate place where you are comfortable that he would agree to?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I could swear you already asked for validation regarding this issue just this week.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• What about a place with less negative connotations than the police station, but still in public where he can't as easily verbally harass you? Maybe a library or Starbucks?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Wait, wait- don't tell me. I know the answer you're looking for.

You're perfect and he is an ass. Nothing you ever do is wrong. Everything he does is wrong.
    You're a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dreary world!

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• If that is what the court order says stick to it.
    If it simply says that he has such and such a time and no other qualifications, you do not have the right to dictate that he has to pick him up at the police station. You also do not have to make you home the exchange point either.
    I can see his point and surely there is another safe and neutral place that you both can agree on.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I would stick to the court order.

Answer by missanc at 4:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• As I stated in a previous thread, I really feel so sad for your son. He's stuck in the middle of this pissing contest you and your ex have going on.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• BTW if you do not make the child available for his visitation you will be in trouble with the court.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Do you ever get enough of vilifying your ex on this forum? Do you really need us to pat your head and tell you, you are right all the fucking time? Get the fuck over it and take care of your son and quit bothering us with your stupidity.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2013