Ques. for menopausal moms

I was just at my annual OB/GYN appt. 2 weeks ago & she thought I still had a while before I had to worry about it. I told her that the past 3 mos. leading up to my appt, that my cycle went from every 28 days to 25 days. Now this month it's day 31 & still nothing! AND NO I'M NOT PREGNANT! lol :p

So is this it? Has it begun?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Health

• I had a hysterectomy when I was 35 and one ovary left. Like Prissy, I started with Hot flashes when I was around 43. Within the last 6 months, those have ended, thank God! Took me 10 years!
    Of course I refused any prescription for menopause, decided I'd suck it up and deal with it!
    Amazingly our marriage survived, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• How old are you?

I only have one ovary and had a hysterectomy when I was 28 so I had no periods to go by but I started with the hot flashes at about 48 and just recently feel like I've completed that process.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• How old are you? I'm 48 and still waiting, but it sounds like it could be starting.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• PS: I'll be 52 next month
    Mrs_Prissy

• There are a lot of factors involved and I believe a blood test can tell the doctor a lot. I just can't remember if I had on or not lol.
    I can't remember your age either so I can't give you any idea. You could be what is termed premenopausal and have those symptoms but I am sure there are other things such as stress or change in lifestyle that could cause those things too. , personally kept a chart and so it was easy for the doctor to see everything that was going on for years back.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• My Sisters went through it. They stopped getting their periods for a few months then got it & it lasted longer than usual. This went on for many months then no period at all. They were around 53 or 54. I'm 46 & no issues yet. Everyone is different of course.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Awww, c'mon, are you sure you're not pregnant? *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Or you'll want your own bedroom with a personal fan and AC! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Before I totally stopped I was having periods ever 2 weeks. Then I would skip a month or 2 the have crazy periods again. Really heavy periods. Then I stopped having periods for 7 months. Then I started again. I finally stopped for a year. Told the doctor, she said you have to wait 2 years to say you are finished. Really!

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I started about 47, I believe. I went from having a period to nothing. No issues except for hot flashes and night sweats. No period issues at all.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013