How could Zimmerman have 'profiled' Martin...

in the dark, when it was raining with the boy in a hoodie and pants... more than likely with his head down, as it was raining...What are the chances he even saw the kids race when he first thought he looked suspicious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• you mean racially?
    maybe he didn't-but he still profiled-because of the hoodie and the rate he was walking (whatever THAT means)

it's is possible also that maybe if he didn't at first- once he started following Trayvon, that he did see the color of his skin and that is what led to his decision to KEEP following him
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• He kept following him because he was trying ot prevent another robbery in his neighborhood. He made a stupid decision at any rate... I am not sure how looking at clothing is 'profiling' ... just about every one wears a hoodie from time to time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'm not saying Zimmerman was right in what he did, an I'm not saying the kid should be dead. I think what happened in Florida is nothing less than a damn shame for all involved. But there have been some pictures released this past week that show Trayvon Martin as quite a different young man than the cherubic little angel portrayed by the five-year-old sixth grade photo that had been circulated all over the place. I think both sides would have more credibility if they dealt with the facts as best we know them instead of trying to slant everything so far to one side or the other.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I think both men were in the wrong. Both of them made poor choices that resulted in a tragic death. I don't think race was a factor that's all. I don't think race was even crossing his mind at the time. He saw a dude walking around in the dark int he rain knowing that several robberies had taken place recently and he reported it. Everything beyond that was poor judgement that left both men feeling the need to defend themselves and both men taking it too far. It also happens that one of them was armed are was hasty in pulling the trigger. He should not have gotten off the hook by any means but Id on't think race played a role.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Martin was still concidered a boy. Cense he was under 18. Not a man.

Answer by louise2 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Let it go. Who the F**k cares anymore!
    Anonymous

• Let's see. If you were in Zimmerman's case would you be more likely to follow a person in a dark hoodie, with the hood up and jeans (which were probably being worn in the "sagged" fashion) or a person in khaki's and a letter-man jacket...
    It IS possible to profile people based on clothing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• For visual reference this

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Versus THIS

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Which one of those is more common? Just saying
    Anonymous