Is your period the same every month? Flow actually?? adult content

I get my period the same day every month but the flow is totally different. One month it's very light then the next it's VERY heavy. Any ideas why this would be. It's been like this forever. How is yours?

edit* I meant to say same time every month :) within a day or two.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Health

• the older I get the more different it is, last month Aunt Flo was in a very crabby mood, this month, she has been very light and cheerful, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Mine aren't as regular as they used to be ever since my last miscarriage in 2011, but the flow is usually fairly predictable. Heavy and painful for a day or so, then light for a few more days and done. At least they're short.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• usually not bad- they used to be heavy for a day or two- but since I've lost weight and work out all the time- they are better (still have some heavier moments- but not like before)
    also they are about 3-4 days now- used to be 4-5
    always painful the first day- then it's fine
    BUT- I deal with them every 24 days, and have spotting for a week before EVERY month *those things have been the same since I had my son
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• i never had my period the same day ever month. Because there are different amount of days in each month. I had my period around the same time ever month. When I was on BC pills my period was light and only 3 days long. When I was not on the BC pills they were heavier and longer.

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Never on the same day. Usually the same week and my flow is always the same.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It is not because there isn't one lol.

When I was still in your situation mine was relatively the same every month.
    I was a very heavy bleeder. At about 3 1/2 days it would trickle to nothing and then after about 18 hours we would go again just as heavily for another 6 days I do not miss it. The good part was that I did not really have all that much discomfort/ pain and bloating, just inconvenience.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It's horrible since I went on BCPs to suppress ovulation. I thought it was supposed to lighten things up. I guess as long as I'm not ovulating. Ugh
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It fluctuates slightly. Some months it is normal others it's a little on the heavy side and other's it's lighter. I don't tend to dwell on it as it is likely a cause of my birth control (say missing a day and doubling up) or dietary habits (not drinking enough water etc) or physical exercise, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Don't get one anymore!! WOOHOO!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I've had an ablation so I don't have to worry about it anymore, but before that, my periods would go back and forth. One month, I would have no pain but I would bleed really hard. The next month, I wouldn't bleed as hard, but I would have tons of pain and it would last longer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2013