I'm 8 months pregnant and feel bad that my husband is not very affectionate. He already has an 8 year old daughter so maybe that's why he doesn't touch my belly like the way I want him to be. Help:(

Mariajo800

Asked by Mariajo800 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Was he affectionate BEFORE you got pregnant? Or did you think having a baby would make him magically fart rainbows and glitter?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• He is not that affectionate type, he once in a while used to be sweet with me. But seriously I expect him to enjoy my pregnancy with me, by running my belly or hughing me before going to sleep. idk it's my first baby and he is just not enjoying it like I am or maybe just show me affections in any way. He already has an 8 year old from his past relationship, so I'm thinking that's why he doesn't do it with me because he already went through all that.
    Mariajo800

Comment by Mariajo800 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Rubbing*
    Mariajo800

• Have you talked with him about what you want?

Answer by missanc at 11:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Most men outside of the movies aren't really gooey about pregnant bellies. You might have unrealistic expectations. Plus, if it's your first baby and his second, that might play a role. Ask him to try it your way for an evening and see where it goes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the fact that he has a daughter. Some men are really into pregnancies and some aren't.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'm with Ballad on this one, you might have unrealistic expectations from movies. My husband is pretty affectionate but he as never into rubbing my belly with either of my 2 pregnancies, he didn't talk or sing to the belly, he didn't think I should now be put on a pedestal unable to even walk to the toilet on my own. He most likely just isn't that mushy about it, and if he isn't with you, then I doubt he was with his first either.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• A lot of men DON'T touch. I wouldn't worry about this. Really I wouldn't.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I've learned men are not like us women we are more loving and all touchy their not so us movie time and other things to get he in a touchy way just get creative....love is work all the time
    concernedtosh

Answer by concernedtosh at 7:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2013