Wouldn't it be nice adult content

If people who were so worked up about the most recent Florida freak show trial could give even half a fuck about all the other people murdered every day?

Our top story in the news this week is a waste of oxygen who put her baby in a dumpster. Just behind that is the discovery of the body of a girl who was kidnapped during a robbery in Michigan. My friends back home are talking about the story in the news there about a woman arrested for the brutal beating of her 4 and 6 year old daughters. There's a trial going in WI right now where a man killed his 13 year old neighbor, and says it was justified revenge. Three little boys and their mother were murdered by a habitual drunk driver in PA this week.

Wouldn't it be lovely if instead of rehashing one case in one town that's gone on far too long, people gave a damn about what's going on in their own neighborhood?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes!! And I hate all the comparisons to the WI shooting with GZ/TM. IMO there is no comparison, at all.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Wouldn't it be lovely if instead of rehashing one case in one town that's gone on far too long, people gave a damn about what's going on in their own neighborhood?

We can only hope that some people find better things to do with their time.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Couldn't agree more.

They could start by looking at the mass carnage and death here in Chicago, for one.

" There's a trial going in WI right now where a man killed his 13 year old neighbor, and says it was justified revenge. "

I've been following this one. It's compelling
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• You and I share the same dream.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• You and I don't always agree, NP, but on this point I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. And if anything, the fate of the babies and young children is een more heartbreaking because they did absolutely nothing to bring it on themselves.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Yes, absolutely!
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Yes. The media grabs onto stuff like this and it is insane. And it gets old but clearly not for some.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Yes!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• OMG, YES!! I have been not posting on FB all week because at least half the people on my friends list just will not let the Zimmerman/Martin thing go! I came to the decision last night that if those same people are still going on about it by tomorrow night, I'm getting rid of them because it's just ridiculous. And it's not a matter of "I disagree with them, so I'm deleting them" because I don't do that - this is literally that these people have posted absolutely NOTHING other than that all week.

But God forbid anyone ever tell anyone going on about it that they should let it go - then you're a racist and you don't care about other people - never mind that your point was that there were other people they should care about. Ugh! Okay, I'm done with my little rant now.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Agree totally!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2013