Need help with Dairy free diet

so my baby developed a bad diaper rash red bottom and had tiny sores near her anus the sores where bright red with white edge so doc gave me nesatin to put on it (antifungal). it used that and a powder probiotic ( probiotics works wonders on yeast infections). Anyways the rash disappeared only to come back the sores are gone but baby still has bright red ring around her butt. Doc thinks its cause from an allergy Dairy is number one in babys. My middle child has a milk allergy as well but we only found out once we introduced milk to her at 1 1/2. So im going to go diary free for a week to see if it improves. im not a big milk person but ive noticed milk is in a lot of foods including bread. Any one have any suggestions on diary free foods brands etc.. I think im going to replace breakfast with a fruit smoothie (using coconut ilk instead of yogurt or kifer like i usually do)

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dairy free? Like no milk and cheese? (diary is a thing you write in, so I had a totally different response planned in my head)
    You can use things like almond milk or soy, and have you thought about trying goats milk instead?
    It will take some research, go to your local library for help.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• *Dairy*

Try soy milk...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• omg opps sorry yes Dairy
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• LOL, we've all done it!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• If you bake at home, try substituting canned coconut milk for regular milk. It often doesn't change the flavor much, and I like to bake with it because it makes cakes and breads much richer and more moist. Coconut milk ice cream is very good, too. I can eat some dairy, but too much of it bothers me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• its not just milk- casein lactose etc
    post this in the BF group- they can tell you where all the hidden dairy products are

youll even have a problem with things like bread and pasta...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• You need to go longer than just a week. I was told 3-4 weeks to get it completely out of your system.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2013