Sorry, i need to get this off my chest. don't worry i do have a question

ok, got this friend, they have a 19yo and 16yo. both are girls. the 19 just had a baby, she's been living with the boyfriend and his family, for the past two years. they are planning on getting married next week. he don't have a job anymore, they have been doing non stop fighting for the past four months. and since she had the baby it has gotten.

i was talking to her parents about it, and we all have the same worries, are they getting married for the wrong reasons? is it too soon?

she destroyed the boyfriends suit for the wedding, she hasn't completely destroyed her dress yet. the preacher that was going to marry them backed out last week. another preacher said he would do it, but only if they take his classes. so he's out. they want her father to pay for a new preacher and he can't do it. he barely has money to put in his tank after the bills are paid every week.

i was talking to the boyfriend's mom, and telling her my thoughts, and she got mad. she said they have been planning this wedding for the past ten months. and no one was going to ruin it, so i better drop it.

i was talking with the bride to be, and found out she's been starving herself, because she bought the dress using her before baby size, and since the baby popped out, she's gained two dress sizes. she's forcing herself to fit the dress,

has anyone else had this problem with their kids? the guy is 20 and she's 19.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• These are the most troubling questions that I see. They should have decided for sure if they wanted to be married and establish a home before they had sex and made a baby. A child deserves to have a stable, loving, secure home. There is total chaos all around in this situation. Everybody has a different opinion about what should be done, if it should be done, where it should be done, and who should do it. The one person whose needs are being completely ignored is an innocent little baby who didn't ask for any of this. These are children(regardless of their ages) having children, and it is just all wrong. As their friend, you can talk until you are blue in the face, and your concern most likely will be ignored. It's a sad situation, and it's most sad for an innocent little baby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I wouldn't give them a library card, much less a marriage license
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• They are not ready for this serious commitment.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• The boyfriend's mom is an IDIOT. And I'm afraid your friend isn't much better here. These two kids should NOT be getting married, should NOT be having a baby. In fact, they need to go back to kindergarten and start over.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• My kids are not that age, but if I had kids that age that were planning on getting married and fighting that much I would suggest they out off the wedding and take the classes and give them a little more time to adjust to parenthood as well.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• oh, after they get married, they are living with his family, because unless he can keep a job for 1 months her father said they weren't allowed to live with them. he has had 10 jobs in the past three years. the longest one he held was four months
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I personally think the daughter should move back home and let herself and the boyfriend get their heads together. She should not have moved in there in the first place, but she was an adult. I think there were too many changes and pressure from his parents.
    He needs a job before they get married.

It is stressful. I know, my DH did not have a job until 3 days before we got married and I was having to quit my job to move where he was. Had he not found a job he would have stayed here and my boss would have kept me on, but very stressful.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• What does your friend think? She's the mom...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• both the girl's parents think they should wait until next year. but the boyfriend's mom is bent on them doing it next week. they have nothing ready, they barely have the dresses for the wedding party. the house they plan to have it at, isn't a good place for a party. i've already told the bride to be that is she waits til next year, we'd be able to help and they would be able to use our place. because we'll have a house by then.and we'd be able to help cater the wedding. the soon to be mom in law heard me and told me to shut up! the wedding is happening next friday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Wow! Sounds like Soon to be MIL is in charge here!
    Well then, the only thing you can do is to butt out!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2013