Taking a Temp under the arm??

My son had a fever last night and is still a little feverish today. Last night when I took his temp, it was 101.8 under the arm with a digital thermometer. Is this an accurate reading, or do I have to add anything to it because it was taken under his arm?
I gave him childrens tylenol to help the fever go down, but it lasted all night. He still has a little fever today, but not as high as last night. I'm making sure he drinks alot of water.
Anyway, I was just wondering about taking the temp under the arm and how accurate it is. I only have one thermometer and he will only allow me to take it under his arm.
My son is 3. Thanks!

bookay

Asked by bookay at 2:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• under the arm is very accurate as long as you make sure the thermometer doesnt move while your taking the temp. so add one degree to the reading on the thermometer and youre set!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• you are supposed to add a degree under the arm
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yup, add one!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2009