Got my new glasses....

And I HATE them!!! the freakin' lenses are as thick as pop bottles!!! I knew my script changed, but sheesh!!! I kept asking the girl that there HAS to be some way to make them thinner and she kept saying no... Kinda pissed right now and not happy at all.

I know I need to give them more time and I need to adjust, but I am not sure if I will. I think I am more embarassed by them.

Has anyone ever had such a change in their vision and has felt the same way?? Can they make them thinner even though they are telling me no??

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Health

• Back in 2007, my vision was getting blurry and I went for an eye exam. I found out that my astigmatism had changed so much that I had to have weighted contact lenses. They gave me a sample, and the lens curled up in my hand. When I was finally able to get the stupid thing in my eye, it burned like crazy. I came home so upset! I had worn contact lenses forever, and I knew I couldn't tolerate those, so I would have to go to the crazy thick glasses. That's when my husband talked me into talking to a doctor about LASIK. I ended up getting it done a couple of weeks later, and my husband had his own eyes done 5 days later. It had been absolutely life changing for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• There are so many advances in glasses now.. I didn't think they made them thick anymore! I'd be shopping around a little more if I were you.
    P.S. I get mine at Costco - great prices.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I would go to another place & see if they can make thinner ones in your prescription. If they can then go back & complain to the other place. Maybe you can get your money back. If you charged them on your credit card then give the glasses back & call your credit card company & stop the charge.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• You can still get the super thick ones, my son would need them. But I pay extra to get him polycarbonate lenses. They are thinner, by at least half (for his anyway) than the old thick ones. There's also another kind, check Zennioptical.com, that was recommended by them for my son, called High Index. It's supposed to give an even thinner lens than the polycarbonate, but it is considerably more expensive as well. The poly works just fine for my son, so that's what we go with.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I got new glasses last year and my prescription had changed. I ordered the thinnest lenses but they did not fit completely in the frame. On the sides some of the thickness can be seen.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle... Unfortunately because of my detached retina surgery they say I am no longer a good candidate for lasik. I wish I could have it done, but not sure if I would want to be putting drops in all the time.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• ***There are so many advances in glasses now.. I didn't think they made them thick anymore! I'd be shopping around a little more if I were you.

Yeah, you would think so. I know there has to be a way to have it done thinner. I have been looking online at a few places, but they aren't here in the US. I am just disappointed!! I should just stay with my old ones!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Thanks ladies for the feedback!! And thanks Wendy for the site, I will be looking that up!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Unfortunately because of my detached retina surgery they say I am no longer a good candidate for lasik. I wish I could have it done, but not sure if I would want to be putting drops in all the time.

^^ Really? That blows. I don't know if it might be worth checking with another doctor.
    BTW the drops are only for the first week or so while the eyes are healing.
    I wish there were more options for you out there. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• yeah... I have asked several places and they have all said the same thing. And also because of the detachment it may cause cataracts too... so yayyyyyyy it gets better n better!! lol I have called a few places this morning and went to the place where I originally got my script and the girl said I would be able to get a thinner lense.

What makes me mad is I have spent most of what I needed for my glasses. It's like no one listens when you tell them what you want. I had the money do drop at the time for the higher price and now I am not so sure I will be able to now. Ughhh total frustration!!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2013