Zoo or Party? WWYD?

My Child has a party this weekend (kid from class). But my DH has a day off that day & we have a zoo membership that expires this coming week. We RSVP'd weeks ago that we would be at the party so, would you take your kid to the party or go for a family day at the zoo for free? I'm torn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Time with Daddy is always more important here because hardly ever gets time off
    betty70

Answer by betty70 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• What does your kid want to do?

Personally, I kind of feel that if you said you'd go to the party, you should go to the party, but if your child really doesn't want to be there, that could make things uncomfortable for everyone.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• My child is happy to go to either one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Family time is great. Family time for free is even better. But you can renew a membership... You can go to the park, you can go to the beach (granted that you live near one of these things.)
    I agree with wendy though, if your kid doesn't want to go, that could be an issue.
    But you did already RSVP...

I would go to the party, and save a family outing for another free weekend. =)
    MrsMaze2012

Answer by MrsMaze2012 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I would go to both.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• you can't do both?

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Nope, can't do both. Party ends in the afternoon & Zoo is an hour away :( Too far, too late.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Go to the party, you already said you would be there so it would be rude to back out now. You can go to the zoo another day.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• If I had to choose I would take my child to the commitment I made for the party.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Ask your kid which he would rather do. He may not care about the party that much. But if he does care and you try to take him to the zoo instead, nobody will have fun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2013