Can I say something? For any JW's...

I just wanted to clarify, if there exists any confusion...

We do NOT have any problems with your faith, or with you. I actually have greater respect for your interpretations than I do for most fundamentalist ones. I visit with a JW friend every week, where we study and share. She has become a very close friend, I adore her deeply.

I am a Christian who is also non-Trinitarian and who doesn't agree with the translations referring to hell, either. Those conversations were actually great bonding moments for my JW friend and I.

I may not interpret everything the same way you do, so I may not always agree with what your faith teaches, but I do have great respect for how you come to your interpretations. It is my personal belief that those interpretations are achieved through greater integrity than some others of the more fundamentalist variety.

So PLEASE do not let our issues with a certain member fool you. Our issues are with her BEHAVIOR, not the faith you share. In this section each person is given the same amount of respect as they give. That means that there can be no blanket statements about us being intolerant of ANY faith - there are people of all faiths that we get along with, and people of different faiths that we don't (so blanket statements that Jews or JW's or Mormons need to "watch out" are fallacious). It comes down to BEHAVIOR. And just because we may disagree with someone doesn't mean we disrespect them or their beliefs.

If there are any topics any of you would like to discuss, please feel free. Any issues you'd like to clear up, anything like that. We actually ARE willing to learn and to discuss. We just are not willing to be treated as though we are less than, confused, deceived, or somehow evil for not being JW.

Thank you for your time :)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Exactly.   I have learned much here and enjoy what people have to say and discussions that happen here- even if I don't always have something to add, or feel someone has said it better than I could.  

Every faith is welcome here.  It's just that some people don't represent theirs very well. 

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• does she think all of us are JW's? why else would she have said everyone of us are apostates and disfellowshipped? does she think everyone in the world is a JW? lmao
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• YES!! Thank you bandgeek!! THANK YOU!!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

****

WHO knows!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Who is WE?

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• "Who is WE?"

Any/all of us who have TOLD her we don't have issues with the JW faith, but are still accused of treating her poorly just because of her beliefs.
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Who told you to talk for other? Talk for yourself.

Answer by louise2 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• "Who told you to talk for other? Talk for yourself."

No one else had a problem with it. The people I'm "talking for" don't seem to mind. And if it doesn't apply to you than I'm not "talking for" you
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2013