Does this make sense? (My diagnosis)

I was talking to my dad yesterday about how proud he is that he finally stopped smoking (thank you lord) And we are all proud too bc he's always said he'd quit and goes right back to smoking. Well this time it seems like he is sticking to quitting.
Well he was saying that lately he's been having little coughs and at times he been spitting some stuff out. I am no doctor but my guess was maybe for all those years stuff has been sticking to his insides and now its finally detaching. He has a doctors appt and hopefully he will confirm this. I'm just so happy for my dad ;) he's in his early 70's.

Thanks Ladies for reading but what do you make of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Health

• Yep, his lungs are clearing up. He will be coughing for a while, but it isn't a bad thing. Congrats to him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• It's called emphysema.

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Congrats to him! I'm with kmath, it's crapola clearing out of his lungs. It's good he's seeing his doc just to be sure. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Good for him. My DH finally went to the Ecig because he simply could not stay of the cigarettes. I am happy, so I can empathize.
    I agree with Kmath as well. The body I trying to clear out some of the crap that has built up. I hope the doctor gives him a good bill of health.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Thumbs up to him. This Web site might help:
    http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2013