Okay... so how do you find an emissions place that will just pass the car even if it fails.

I always here people talk about them but how on Earth do you find one?

Yes, my car failed due to a computer problem. The light stays on because the stupid computer doesn't talk to the engine. It got fried. It took our mechanic $260 to figure this out and I am out of money to spare for a new computer system. I need the stupid car to pass emissions to buy me time to save the money to get the computer replaced. They are already late. I can't afford to miss work to save for the part and I can't afford a ticket period. I am just stuck! I need my car to be tagged so I can get to work to have the money to fix it. I am at a loss. Yes I know it is deceitful and lying but if anyone has any other ideas please share them. This is crazy. I have one ring I can pawn but it will only get $60 tops and my hours will pick up at work in August so that is what I have to wait for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Can you not ride the bus?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• If it does not pass twice, than it has to be fixed.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• There is not such thing as public transportation in my county. It might bring the 'wrong kind of people' to the area. I kid you not. Now THAT is profiling! Ha!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Fuck a mechanic.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I would just drive the car & hope a Cop doesn't notice that your tag has expired. Park facing in & out of obvious sight. This way you can make the money to fix the car computer. Worse case scenario you get a ticket. But you have at least 30 days to pay that. Hopefully you won't get one though. That's what I would do.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Fuck a mechanic.

^^ I ♥ you
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• So drive it anyway, and if you get pulled over you bat your eyes and say "oh my goodness! It totally slipped my mind!"
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• hitch a ride
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• You know what is funny. I am a regular member and a lot of you who are being snarly are my 'friends' I went anon because this is a very personal and touchy thing for me right now. Thanks for the complete and total lack of support just because I chose to not go under my name.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I knew a guy once who bought a shit car for cheap that wouldn't pass, and he gave the emissions guy money to pass it. Probably not the best idea, but I suppose it's an option. I wouldn't drive it as is because you can get in a lot more trouble financially if you end up stacking tickets and fees on top of the work that needs to be done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2013