Any ideas on how to make labor go by faster:(? contractions really hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Drugs... :0)

Seriously though... play cards or watch a movie until they become to close together for that to be a distraction then switch to soothing music, a warm shower or bath and cuddling with your SO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Unfortunately, no. Even with Pitocin, both of my labors took F-O-R-E-V-E-R.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Nope. Babies come out when they are ready to come out and when your body gets prepared for the popping.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I found that it helped me during early labor, before contractions got regular and I went to the hospital, to keep moving. Which meant from about midnight to eight in the morning, off and on, I walked around and around the circle made by the living room, kitchen, and dining room in my condo. Hardly a fun way to spend time, but it did make the pain manageable, and I preferred it to sitting in a hospital room. When I did go in, I walked around and around the labor ward. The nurses kind of thought I was crazy because I didn't want to sit still till I was dilated to about eight and the contractions were so strong I could no longer stand up when they hit me. After that, they made me stay in bed or in a chair so I wouldn't fall, which I hated. It just seemed so much easier when I was moving instead of stuck in bed or in a chair. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• walk
    (if doctor agrees)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I had someone rubbing all on my lower back while I consentrated on breathing it really helped me
    concernedtosh

Answer by concernedtosh at 7:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Nope. You just get to ride out nature. Oh wait I suppose you could do a C-section.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• If you can, walk, ask someone to give you a massage, pretty much anything that will distract you that is safe and calming. Good luck!!
    ._Andrea_.

Answer by ._Andrea_. at 8:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2013