We are planning to go to a fall Fest for our daughter's bday. We planned on providing food for all adults and kids and pay for kids to get in. Would it be rude to ask the adults to pay to get in?

T.brown1

Asked by T.brown1 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Holidays

• How many adults? Does the place have a Special discounted rate for Birthday Parties? You may want to ask.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Or groups some places do group discounts. I wouldn't be offended if I were as to pay for myself.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Asked
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I think if it's optional it's ok to ask them to pay, but if you absolutely expect them to be there it should be provided for them.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I agree to check out the group rates.
    I would not be offended
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I don't think it's rude, as long as you are very clear about what you are providing/paying for and what they are expected to provide/pay for. I'd also be prepared that some of them, at least, may not come.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• For DD's Pizza party at a buffet we put on the invites "Parents and siblings are welcome to stay for cake! If you would like to purchase a buffet lunch prices are as follows: XXXX" No one seemed offended and I tried to word it as carefully as possible. I got several opinions on several different wordings before we settled on that one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• * "Parents and siblings are welcome to stay for cake! However, if you would like to purchase a buffet lunch prices are as follows: XXXX"
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I would not ask a person to come to a place that they had to pay to get into. When I had my kids parties at the skating rink, I paid admission for everyone.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I want to add that I did not *expect* parents to stay. We were fully prepared for parents to drop off and pick up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2013