chances i will rip???(tmi and srry for the bad spelling)

so my doc says i have very high chances i will rip when having the baby
cuz of how tight i am down there
he told me he could not even fit his 2 fingers in to check my cervix
so i was wondering if anyone did natural and rip
and how bad it hurt and did they stich u up after word?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I ripped but I didn't even know I had until the doc was stitching me up. i didn't feel that either though. I had an epidural so takes all the pain away down there. I know it sounds horrible but its not something you should worry about at all. You'll see. :)

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Idk i didn't rip at all thank God :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I had a natural birth and had a internal tear. It was not that bad. I didn't even feel the stitching. You will be basking is the aftermath of your new baby that it won't even phase you. IMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would suggest avoiding drugs and not letting anyone tell you to push. Push slowly only when you feel the urge in a squatting position. This will reduce your chances of tearing.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 2:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• So many women rip when they give normal birth.

I had a c-section so i dont have any experience with it. But my mom told me, that she ripped. When it happened she didnt feel anything, she didnt even feel the stitches. But afterwards it burns a little (or a little more) when you have to pee.

My midwife told me and all the other to-be-moms (back then) that when we rip and have to get stiched that we should only pee under the shower (with the warm water running over your vagina) it stops the burning a lot.

;-)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I ripped with my first baby but i had an epi but i will tell you i felt the pain after the epi wore off. I ripped so bad tho that my insides ripped too and i was gushing blood. I could barely walk for a week but you get over it cause when ur baby comes ur more concerned about the baby than urself. If it happens you'll get over it and you'll be just fine.
    Anonymous

• I didn't rip....I was TORN open by an evil man doctor who wasn't even the person delivering my daughter. I had an epidural so I did not feel it, and they stitched me for 45 minutes after.. *sigh*
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• my ob said to use extra virgin olive oil and massage your inside and outside to lessen the rip.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I ripped with my second and third babies. With my second I only had four stitches I didn't have a epidural so I felt them stitching me. With my third I had a epidural so I didn't feel them stitching me. When I ripped I didn't even feel it. It just burned and hurt like hell. I think it is crazy that I ripped with my second and third not my first she weighed the most out of all three. I can tell you that it didn't hurt when I went to the bathroom. I thought that when I went #2 it was going to hurt but they give you stool softeners and it didn't hurt.
    Anonymous

• i didnt rip i got cut by my doc and my epi wore off 2 hrs befor me puching so for me it was more of a relif when he cut me than anything i was more focused on other things hope this helps!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009