Now that it's official.....

and my daughter has a learner's permit, I need to ask a favor. Can you please stay off the roads for a couple of months so she can get used to driving?? LOL Still not looking forward to her actually getting behind the wheel. I may need some anti-anxiety meds now.

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL she's just going to keep naming states until you're in a fetal position under your desk
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• LOL! I felt the same way when my middle son got his! Of course, I was the one who did most of his practice driving with him. (Another reason to blame the boys for my grays! lol :p) Are you in OH? If so, I'll stay off the sidewalks too! LOL :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• LOL.

i remember when i was about 15, just before i got my license. we lived in a townhouse community and my mom would let me drive around the circle sometimes to practice. well, when we were pulling back into the driveway i had a total brainfart and forgot which pedal was the break. i hit the gas and i can still hear the way my mom yelled "break.. BREAK... BREAK!!!" lmao! i was only two inches from slamming into the house.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Shit...wait what area of the US do you live in? I'm hoping that unless she plans on a cross country trip that I should be okay here in my little neck of the woods. Then again I swear half the people locally don't have licenses to begin with or they stole them from the cracker -jack plant.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• LoL! God I remember when my oldest got her permit! The first few times are the worst, now I just sit back and enjoy the fact that I'm not driving. She's actually a far better driver than dh, his driving scares the shit outta me!

My next dd is supposed to be getting her permit, but I just recovered from teaching the oldest to drive, I don't wanna do it again quite yet.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• This question truly gave me a flashback lol. I can remember when my kids got their permits and I was a nervous wreck!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• We are in Texas though.

WOOHOO I"m SAFE
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Should be.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• I did hour after hour of practice on parallel parking, and backing around a corner (required skill in our state. Why? I don't know) with my son.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• They have an extra steering wheel and brake. I don't.

LOL
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2013