Sleep question

Is it ok to let my 3 month old nap on and off all day long? She sleeps fairly well at night... 5 or 6 hours. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, that's what I did and still do. Mine seems to be sleeping just fine.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• what I do, I have a 5month old, I put him on a nice nap rotuine, a 2 hr nap in the morning, and a 2 hr nap in the afternoon, b/c I don't like those "catnaps" you cannot get anything done and that's not really good sleep for the baby, they need a long nap, to grow.
    Cara356

Answer by Cara356 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It depends on how much sleep you want at night. If you don't let her nap as much she will probably sleep longer nights for you..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes...just start paying attention to her sleeping patterns. It won't be long before you'll notice a pattern and can start a real routine. (i.e. put her down for naps at certain times). A well rested baby sleeps much better than one who is overly tired. It is never a good idea to try to keep a baby up so they'll sleep later. It just doesn't work. You're doing everything right.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I always had my barbie in a routine...but If that's how you want to do it and she is sleeping at a night go for it. You can work out a routine when you are ready. There is no right way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009