• In the Spotlight:

Is this gross,or what?

When the hospital called me Monday,about my son's Thursday procedure,the nurse mentioned that he needs to be clean when he comes in,to make sure he's bathed within 24 hours of the appointment
When we got there,I asked the nurse,was this a big issue? Were parents bringing their kids in filthy? She told me,before they started including it in the instructions,they were getting at least one kid a day coming in reeking.
Isn't that sad?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ill never forget when my son started going to daycare they once told me "your son is always so clean!". I said why, because I bathe him and do laundry? And they told me I'd be surprised at how many fulltime working moms don't make those things a priority....gross.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• It's nothing short of horrifying to me that not only did the hospital perceive the need to make having your child clean part of the instructions, but then when they did, it actually made a difference. Like a parent would read that and think, "Oh yeah! A bath! I wouldn't have remembered that, thank goodness it was on the list of things to do."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• That IS sad!

It is amazing to me that they have to make that part of the instructions.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Wow, really?! That is really sad that they would need to add that to the instructions!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• Very sad.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• That's like going to the gynecologist without washing and preparing beforehand who does that lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• sad, indeed
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• That's so screwed up.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2013

• It is a sad statement indeed.
    WhenI was young it was nothing to hear a mother telling a kid to be sure (s)he was wearing clean underwear. Mom would be so embarrassed if they were hit by a bus and taken to the hospital with dirty underwear.

No think about that a minute. You are hit by a bus. Chances are some form of elimination is going to happen. lol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yes it is.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 3:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2013