Now this is a kid the media needs to talk about instead of focusing on all this other bull crap

Lancaster teen Temar Boggs hailed as a hero in 5-year-old's abduction. ...Temar Boggs had a feeling he'd find the 5-year-old girl who was abducted Thursday in Lancaster Township....He was right.

Boggs, a McCaskey freshman who lives in Gable Park Woods, had been hanging out with a friend at nearby Lancaster Arms apartments and helping move a couch when a man came by asking if they'd seen a missing girl.

They hadn't, Boggs said, so they went to watch TV.

A short time later, his friend went outside and saw lots of police officers and people from the neighborhood looking for the girl.

Police said that the girl had been taken that afternoon from the 100 block of Jennings Drive.

Boggs and about six friends joined the search.

"We got all of our friends to go look for her. We made our own little search party," Boggs, 15, said Saturday, though he didn't know the girl or her family.

They walked through some nearby woods and along a creek where they were told the girl might have gone.

When Boggs and his friends returned to Lancaster Arms on Jennings Drive, they saw more police officers and TV news crews.

"The whole block was filled," he said.

That's when, Boggs said, "I had the gut feeling that I was going to find the little girl."

A friend asked Boggs to hold his bike. Boggs figured the bike would help him search for the girl.

So he and another friend, Chris Garcia, rode on area streets — Michelle Drive, St. Phillips Drive, Gable Park Road — looking for her.

That's when a maroon car caught his eye. (He had gotten a bit ahead of Garcia.)

There is more here...http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/872026_Lancaster-teen-Temar-Boggs-hailed-as-a-hero-in-5-year-old-s-abduction.html#ixzz2Z7XxBETL

Too bad our civil right leaders can't be here to praise this boy.....Obama needs to talk about kids like this...

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I saw that the other day. The 5 year old is very lucky. Not many people that kid's age would have gone looking for a missing person let alone form their own little search party.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I agree, these are the stories that unite the nation.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• The President should personally shake that boy's hand. I know I wish I could.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• amazing kid!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Fantastic kid! We need more stories like this... they happen more often than the media would like us to believe!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• when my kids are older, shoot even now, I'll show them this story. its kids like this one who should be a role model; not what we have now. just a mess of celebs who are ugh, lol. such an awesome kid, same with his friends. i do think they should get praised by the Pres. not everyday a teen does something so heroic.
    Fushithedruid

Answer by Fushithedruid at 3:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yes! These are the kids who should be covered in the national news, celebrated and honored, imitated even. Young Mr. Boggs was brave and honorable. I'm sure the girl he rescued will never forget him.

And, yes, the President absolutely should publicly speak to and about this young man. I look forward to seeing it happen.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2013