I debated if should this post commentary, but then I thought, is this what our country coming too?

2 adult men arguing with one another? I do mean yelling, maybe even spitting . But in any case , it one hell of a hell epic discussion on the Zimmerman  trial....Get ready, get set.....DOG FIGHT!!

http://www.fiscalconservatives.com/videos/KFuRaNT5O9c.html

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. That's not how reasonable adults should discuss anything, controversial or not.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yep, that's bad!
    I didn't follow the case enough to know the specifics. Ugh...it would seem jury selection is important. I guess when you can diversify a jury, including on an educational level and not just racial, it might bring about results that cannot be argued as much? IDK.
    How bout a jury that includes at least three ethnicities and three levels of education? I don't have the answer and I'm not convinced this murder couldn't have been avoided. I think from what I've followed Zimmerman could have just minded his own business, regardless of his suspicions and maybe we'd have a different outcome? tough one...I'm no expert.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I'm curious if the prosecution excused any black jurors. It seemed to me that they were more focused on getting female jurors instead of jurors of any specific race. This is how our judicial system works. It's not perfect but it's what we've got.

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Quannel X, while he has helped LE with a few cases in Houston, is largely in the same race baiting category as Sharpton and Jackson. He fails to recognize that the prosecution was part of the jury selection process and they had as much to do with picking a jury of peers as the defense. I guess it's hard to admit that the prosecution overcharged and was able to avoid a grand jury by lying and not giving all of the evidence from the get go. Maybe Quannel should be marching on Corey's office.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• BTW, I read something this week about that. That said that the prosecution did excuse a black juror, because they watched Fox News. I will see if I can find the story and post a link.

Here it is.
    http://www.kfan.com/pages/article.html?feed=104668&article=11487226
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• "t I've followed Zimmerman could have just minded his own business, regardless of his suspicions and maybe we'd have a different outcome?
    It could also be looked at as why didn't Martin just stay home? Instead of going around and confronting Zimmerman. There was a partial thumbprint that was on the driver's side headlight.
    But as for minding his own business, that wasn't what he was there for. He was put there by a member of the Sanford PD, and many of the residents that lived there. There were A LOT of break-in at this gated community.From January 1, 2011 through February 26, 2012, police were called to gated community 402 times.

And for the jury selection, that is so difficult for both the State and the defense to find people who can be impartial. And in a high profile case such as this one, it gets almost impossible to find folks who can be impartial.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2013