how do I report some one abusing the food stamp program

the female I am speaking of is receiving food stamps, but has money coming in from her fiancee, they make almost 1500.00 every two weeks but getting almost 400.00 in food stamps

trull207

Asked by trull207 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Call the PA office.

Answer by louise2 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Here food stamps are issued through the Department of Family and Children Services you would report it to them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Her medicaid is based on her income only if she's single. Just because you know what the two of them make, doesn't mean she's abusing the system. You don't know what portion is his. Even if it were the amount you say, and reported jointly, that would still be only 3,000 a month, or 36,000 a year. Not so much.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I work with the food stamps program and we have a policy for people who live together but are not married and do not share a child in common. If this is their situation, his income does not count.

You can contact the office in your state and see if the policy is the same there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• We make around that much and still get food stamps. We're well within limits for our family size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Call the PA office and report it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Sounds like you need to mind your own business.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• thanks for the help and I am sorry people think I am being nosey, or trying to srat trouble..I just don't know the laws as far as that is concerned and thanks for telling me to mind my own bis. makesw me feel you cheat people to. but thank you and I will unsubscribe here. But thanks anyway.
    trull207

Comment by trull207 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• be careful..... maybe they're lying to you about what they make. OR how much food support they get. i know these days people are monitored carefully, income, bank account, etc... harder and harder to scam. tarnishing their reputation make suck... and there's no such thing as ANONYMOUS reporting. if they lose their food support and appeal it, the papers and transcripts will out you.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• If you don't know the laws, then you don't know if this friend of yours is breaking them, and you should leave her alone. Just because she's getting food stamps, that doesn't mean she should be a target of your hostility, and frankly, it doesn't mean she owes you an explanation of what she makes and where it comes from, either. People are still deserving of both respect and privacy when they are receiving benefits from the government. This attitude makes me furios.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2013