Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Survivor of emotional abuse and ex husband still keeps yelling when dropping kids off

My husband keeps yelling at me when he drops kids off. Babysitter was in my house waiting to get paid. He refused to pay her making a scene. I keep calm and didn't yell. He is always yelling at me when he drops off kids. He even stepped into my house without me permission. Cops say it is a civil matter. Judge says I can't get CPO because he hasn't hit me. I can't even be safe in my own home.

Answer Question

Asked by momstuckinissue at 6:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Meet in a public place to exchange the kinds, like a parking lot. The police or fire station parking lot works great for ass holes like this!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 7:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • You do not have to even talk to him. Just let the kids in the house and shut the door.
    Or maybe have someone their with you when he comes over.
    Have the pick ups and drop offs somewhere else.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • If he ever walks into your house, without permission, again file charges.

    Answer by feralxat at 9:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • You need to meet in a public place (say the police station) to exchange children.
    If you allow him to drop off at your house, instruct your kids to give daddy their hugs and kisses then come straight in the house, and close the door.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • Oh, and keep your phone in your hand with 911 dialed so all you have to do it hit "SEND".

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • You *can* be safe in your own home. Just exchange the kids somewhere else, in a place where there are a lot of people around.

    Answer by Ballad at 5:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

  • Take no chances just meet in public.

    Answer by morebee7 at 5:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

  • meet outside ur house

    Answer by smiley745 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

  • If it were me I would document everything (even have witnesses to his behavior) and tell my lawyer about his abusive behavior and ask if there is anything that can be done. If I were you I'd demand that all child exchanges be done in a public location (like the police station) from now on where there are plenty of witnesses present . I don't know if you can do this or not, but would you be able to request a 3rd person be the one to make the exchange? Example - since ex is a verbally abusive jerk, can you request someone other than him exchange the kids?
    I would also consider speaking up to him, tell him (in front of witnesses) that this is YOUR house and you do NOT need to take this crap from him! That if he can't stay in his car, and keep his mouth shut you will be forced to contact the authorities and possibly take him back to court. Good luck!

    Answer by MizLee at 11:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.