Worried about how my daughter will react when I'm gone for 8 days :(

My fiancé won an all expense paid trip to Cancun and we will be going in September. We cannot take our daughter because the trip is just for two. My daughter wil be continuing daycare throughout the day and will be at our house during the evening with my parents. I've never been away from her for more than one night. I'm having a panic attack about this. I'm horrified at the idea that she will be crying for me and I won't be there :( what can I do to calm my nerves? My daughter is 4 by the way.

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 7:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is she comfortable with your Parents? Then have them plan some fun things to do while you are away & have them buy her lots of new toys! LOL! Maybe even a trip to ToysRus!!!! She will be fine. Your Parents raised you & you are still here right? :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• She's going to have a blast! What better place to be than with your grandparents!

Sounds like you'll be the one needing the nurturing, not your daughter, lol
    Enjoy your trip, she's in great hands!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Lol thanks ladies...I'm pregnant so I think the hormones have a lot to do with my anxiety :p
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• She'll do fine, I promise. I cried the first time I left my kids with my parents so my husband and I could have alone time. The kids had a blast and so did we after I got done crying.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Congratulations on the trip! Wow!

your daughter will be fine, especially if she's comfortable with her grandparents. Have them keep her routine as consistent as they can, but also plan some special fun things they can do. Call her often, but not at bedtime, because then all she'll have to do is lay there and miss you when she hangs up the phone.

I had to leave my daughter at that age for five nights, and it just about killed me. But when I got back, she said, "Mommy, I had fun. Can't I stay one more night?" Go figure.

Oh, and what I did was left five of those Dum-Dum Pops in a little cup like a bouquet, one for each day. So each afternoon at lunchtime, the caregiver would let her eat one sucker and count the rest, and that was the number of days till Mom and Dad returned.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Thanks Ballad! I love the dum dum idea! That's so cute :))
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2013