Had to say good-bye to a dear friend today :(

Our dear sweet Tana had to be put to sleep today. When I got up this morning, she was no longer able to walk or stand. Her back legs had given out. While I know we did the right thing for her & spoiled her rotten these past few weeks, it's still so hard.

I'm so grateful we had her for almost 14 years (she would've been 14 in Sept.) But saying good-bye was heart-wrenching.

Any prayers, positive thoughts or healing energy or strength you can muster up for me & my family is appreciated. (including my l4 y/o lab who will be missing her buddy)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Pets

• I'm terribly sorry for your loss and am grateful that you did her that kindness.

Just a note: Keep an eye on your lab. Dogs mourn the loss of their companions very strongly, in some cases. Make sure she continues to eat. When my lab died, my blue heeler mourned him for months and became physically ill because she refused food.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I'm sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Dearest sympathizes.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Gosh, I meant sympathies.
    m-avi

• ((((hugs)))
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• ((Hugs)). I'm sorry for your loss. While you can reason your sweet friend is in a better place its still hard to lose the closeness. It's been two years since we had to do the same and I still miss him terribly. Thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I am so sorry, I know how awful it is to lose a pet. They're a member of the family and losing them is heartbreaking. You, your family, Tana and her furry friend will be in my thoughts. Take care.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Love.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• :(
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• ((hugs))

We had to put our 13 year old Aussie, Haley, down on Wednesday. I feel you pain!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2013