How long do you allow kids over your home?

Or how long do you allow your child over their home?
Lately my dd10 has been having a friend over and for hours I do not mind it sometimes I forget they are together bc they are spending time with eachother as long as they are safe & quiet hey have at it...lol I don't mind feeding or giving snacks either.
I have one mom who checks in and asks when does she want to be picked up....it's usually not yet...lol the mom doesn't want to over stay her welcome I told her as long as we as parents communicate they girls can hang out for how long they. Sometimes it leads to spending a night sometimes I give in and sometimes I kind of want them to take a break of eachother. It all works out.

How do you ladies do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• No one is allowed over my house. Even though we have a single story house, I still think that being up there would be dangerous. Also, the roof is hot. Someone could get hurt.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• JJK, lol!

I really don't put a time limit on as long as the kids are getting along and the parent stays in touch so I don't feel like I've found an orphan on my doorstep.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• it would be fine for an hour or 2 between breakfast and lunch,or lunch and dinner,but i'm not running a daycare. We were taught as kids,to have the smarts to go home and eat,not expect your friend's parent's to feed you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• As long as the parent's know where their kids are, I don't really care. I'd rather have them at my house staying out of trouble than somewhere else getting into it ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I always give my kids a time that they have to be home or their friends have to leave. It's normally 2-3 hrs but depends what day it is and what else is going on. My boys' curfew is 9 on the weekends and during the summer. Their curfew is 8 on school days. My dd's curfew is 10 on the weekends and during the summer. Her curfew is 9 on school days. No one is allowed to have anyone over on school nights.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 2:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• It depends on the kid and the circumstances. Yesterday I watched a friend's kid for most of the afternoon and into the evening while she got some much needed quiet study time in. If it's just a spur of the moment thing the kid needs to go home after a couple hours.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• My kids curfew is 9. Unless a child is spending the night they need to go home by then. Other than that, as long as the kids are playing nicely I'm good.

Answer by missanc at 10:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• We only have friends over in the afternoon (on non-school days only unless they're working on a joint project) and when the parents drop them off and ask when they should come and collect them I usually say 6-7ish. I've never had anyone take advantage and leave them longer. Likewise, when mine go to their friends, the othe parents usually apply the same times.

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• About like you do. Sounds fine the way you're handling it. ; )
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2013