how do i keep my 1 year old from taking his diapers off?

my son is 15 mos old and he has started taking his diapers off.i need advice schould i try to potty train him.and how do i get him to keep his diapers on otherwise?

Asked by marisab at 8:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pull ups work great!!

• I have a friend who used to have to duct tape the diapers closed and use a scissors at changing time. The pull-up idea might be better, though. :)

Answer by maxsmom327 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If he's fully dressed it will make it harder to get the diaper off.

Answer by Eliza34 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I vote start potty training him. Its worth a shot the sooner the diapers are gone, the sooner the expense goes away, and this headache you have. Good luck!

Answer by TJKUHN76 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If its warm enough that my daughter doesn't feel like wearing a bunch I will always at least keep her in a onesie. Its cool enough for her like wearing just a t-shirt but that fact that it fastens at the bottom helps to keep her from getting her daiper off. I have started allowing her to take her daiper off herself while getting ready for her bath. Because the "taking off of the daiper" is associated with something [bath] she really only does it then anyway.

Answer by LilsMama06 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My family had the same problem with my sisters, and for at night time we would just put zip up sleepers on them backwards so they couldnt get out and get to the diaper! That however only worked for a while because they were twins, and figured out how to unzip eachother, so we had to resort to the duct tape method. The only good thing was that this phase didnt last long with them , just a few months! HOpe this helps!

Answer by megan732 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if potty training isnt the answer yet you could get him some pull ups. this is what we had to do for my son. WE use huggies pull ups and havent had any more problems with stripping. They hold liquid jsut as good as diapers too.

Answer by turtle07 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009