I hate liars -especially when they claim to be a loving follower of a loving god

I think above all other things, a liar is one of the worst character traits in a person. How can one reconcile this AND claim to know god? How do you, if you follow the same religion as said liar, handle such misrepresentations of your faith?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree. I'd rather be an honest sinner than a lying hypocrite.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I hate liars regardless of faith.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Exactly. Although I don't refer to my imperfections as a sin. It's just my humanity shining through:)
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• They think that because of their faith they are somehow exempt from the sins they commit. After all, they are "forgiven".
    In short, they use their faith as an excuse and crutch to be worthless wastes of space.

(This does not pertain to ALL religious folks, simply those that display these specific qualities)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I don't understand lying. For me it's one of the biggest issues pertaining to integrity. God can see through lies (and usually everyone else can, too), so I don't know who people who are so devout and lie so adamantly think they're kidding.

I would think that God would prefer an honest Atheist to a hypocritical, lying "believer."
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I have always wondered how the skank who was sleeping with my husband, and " accidentally" got pregnant could claim to be a devout Catholic. She preaches the superiority of her religious ways and forces others to pray before they eat, even at other people's houses, and at public restaurants. She may have asked for forgiveness from her church, but she has never shown any regret for what she did to me, and my children. If you ask me, my morals are way better than hers, and I don't even believe in God.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 5:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• when they claim to be a loving follower of a loving god
    but they aren't are they?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• The person in question is misguided. Not evil exactly, in my opinion, just clueless. She truly may not understand that she's being hypocritical and deceitful. Intelligence and wisdom aren't exactly abundant in people. A lot of them walk around preaching, leaving countless alienated listeners in their wake, and think they've done the will of their Creator by speaking up. I can imagine God is rolling His eyes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• ballad, do you think that is a result of what is being taught to them? Or the individuals inability to process what is being told to them in the correct way?
    Honestly, some people come across as just mentally ill, IMO. And there is nothing can be done about that unless it is diagnosed and treated.
    Otherwise, is the message being misconstrued by the teacher or the student?
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• You're trying to apply logic where there is none. A truly insane person can reason away just about anything, and they don't feel one bit of remorse about it. What they say and do, no matter how crazy and inconsistent with their proclaimed beliefs, is right and just in their sick mind.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2013