We've been having ants in our dishwasher, since this heatwave, we are having, how do I get rid of them, for good! also thye are coming in my cabinets

Please, need your help!

Susan

LucyLu904

Asked by LucyLu904 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• find the access point and caulk it
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• You have to find where they're getting in, first off. I've had really good luck with sprinkling Borax around (added bonus, it doesn't maim your kids and pets) but I know ants are a real problem for a lot of people. Hard to get rid of
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Just keep running it. Wash the dishes really well before you put them in the dish washer. They'll leave if there is no food.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Find the access point from the outside. Borax is my go-to solution too. Sprinkle it around your foundation once a month.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I had ants behind my stove this year and used those plastic bug trap things you can get at Home Depot with poison in them. If your cabinets are safe from small children getting in, you could use those. Also, sprinkle cinnamon in your cabinets because ants hate it and will not cross it. The scent interferes with the chemical trails they leave for other ants to follow.But you'll keep fighting the problem till you can find out where the bugs are getting into your house. A common place is small holes around the drains under the kitchen sink. Oh, and keep your kitchen spotless, even more than you usually would, because ants will leave if they find nothing to eat. If your dishwasher looks like it has a lot of food residue in it, run it empty on the hot cycle or get some dishwasher cleaner, not dish detergent, to put through. Run the dishwasher empty a few times after you use the cleaner or it will leave grit on your dishes
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Maybe clean dishwasher with cup of vinegar too.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 4:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2013