How do I get my 4yr. old son to quit peeing in bed?

He won't get out of bed to go, even tho the light is on and he has a touch light above his bed. I don't understand, he does it while he is awake?

Tough2Love

Asked by Tough2Love at 2:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him to go potty before he goes to bed (not to mention limit his drinks before bed).

And if he does have an accident try getting those waterproof pads and go from there he will eventually learn. Make it a positive thing. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• He will get it soon enough. My son is four and a half and still has 'wet' nights some. Use a pull up and when he keeps it dry three night in a row then he can loose it. Most boys do not achieve night time dryness until closer to 5. It also runs in families to some degree. If you or his father were bed wetters he may be to. He may just be a good sleeper and that's good! If you are still having wetting problems after age 5 the Ped will talk to you about alternative 'training' devices such as a wetness alarm but honestly you probably won't need it. Do have him take responsibility for his messes. NOT as a punishment but as a you are a big boy and you can help me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree. at 4 he needs to be responsible for the mess- not as a punishment, but simply because we should all be responsible to just clean up our messes- accidents or not.

sometimes their bodies just are not developmentally ready combined with deep sleep.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Make him sleep on the floor.. JK
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 10:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009