Scary virus going around work :(

I work at a daycare and I've been on vacation for a week. Came back to messages from coworkers explaining that two of the one year olds were rushed to the hospital by ambulance with seizures!

Turns out the hospital said that it was due to a virus that is causing a sudden and severe spike in fever while they sleep (both happened during nap) and that their fevers have been up to 106.

I'm five months pregnant and I have a three year old and now I'm scared to go back as 6 more kids were sent home with fevers ranging from 104-105! What would you do? Any guesses on what virus could be causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Health

• Call your OBGYN & ask what they think it is and what they recommend. Dr.'s discuss these things with other Dr.'s so they must be aware of it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I agree with Iluv. Your doctor should be able to give you a medical excuse from work so you can't get in trouble from work.

My Question: Why in the hell is the daycare still open when they haven't figured out the source and elimated it to prevent further infection of kids. They are risking the lives of those children.

I would not be going back until it has been cleared up completely.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I sure wouldn't be sending my kid to that center till it was very clear what the virus turned out to be and all risk of it was gone.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Wow! That's frightening!
    I'm surprised the day care is still opened!
    I wouldn't go into that place unless I had answers!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2013