I feel like a horrible mom

I'm bipolar type 2 and I'm 13 weeks 3 days along and my disease has been in overdrive. I can't get excited about my pregnancy and I'm constantly snapping at the dog, kids, my boyfriend and I can't stop myself. I feel horrible and I with the way I feel now it makes me never want to be pregnant again. I'm not taking any medications at all and my midwife was extremely concerned when I told her about how I've been feeling and how even the tiniest things have set me off.. I want to be happy about the pregnancy and I want to be excited about it but have just been finding it really hard with my mental state. I just want to cry or law in bed and forget about the world and cry myself to sleep. I just feel so down and depressed and my boyfriend doesn't understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sorry if some words are out of place stupid phone does it a lot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Are you seeing a psychologist or another doctor about your bipolar, in addition to your midwife? You may need some help getting through this because you still have quite a few months to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I am not bipolar. I snapped and was mean during the early stages of pregnancy too. It happens. Keep yourself in check the best you can and know that hormones will balance out eventually. If you have thoughts or actions of hurting yourself or your loved ones check yourself into a hospital.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I've not seen any doctor for my bipolar in well over a year, almost two. I meet with my midwife when my boyfriend and I decided to start trying but I had no idea then that the pregnancy would effect me like this :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• You need to see a doctor. This is a serious issue and you've got a lot of chemical changes going on with your body right now. Please make an appointment to see a medical provider on Monday.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• You need to see your doctor and find ways to cope with the bipolar while you are pregnant. I'm bipolar as well and stopped all my medications when I became pregnant(actually probably a little before as I wasn't in a good place back then). It is tough but you can do it, you just need to come up with some ways to cope. Things to do when you feel on edge that remind you that you need to refocus yourself.

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Thanks, I'm in the middle of transitioning to a new OB because my insurance ran out and now I'm just on state, so have to get a bunch of referrals :( I don't want them to bring up putting me on meds. That's what my midwife was talking about on Thursday and I'd love to avoid all that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• But meds will help you feel better!

Answer by louise2 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I've been on and off meds since I was 20, 7 years now, and none of them have helped. I don't want to take anything that could harm the baby at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Their must be some sort of meds you can take that will not harm the baby/pregnancy.
    You would rather act crazy/moody/depressed around your SO and other kids then take meds.

Answer by louise2 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2013