If Admin deletes your answers in a post..

Do you feel you should be notified and told why?

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2013 in About CafeMom

• "I truly believe someone throws a fit if the answer isn't PC and Admin finds it easier just to hit the delete button to calm the person who is reporting versus sending out notifications."

Yet they are NOT consistent about this, which is what is frustrating. It also seems that the newer members are allowed to get away with more or complain and have answers taken down when they report them. Almost like they're trying to appease the newbies, even if it violates the "rights" of the regulars (taking down something that doesn't violate TOS IS a violation). It should be the other way around. Regulars who have proven themselves to be respectable and level headed should be resources, as opposed to the admins acting like the bullies are the ones being bullied, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Yes, because sometimes they are simply deleted because the OP doesn't own any big girl panties, they don't understand your answer or because the admin doesn't have a clue. Usually they are deleted for no apparent reason at all.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yep... because they put it in a file and after so many you get you privileges taken away. How is that fair if you 1) don't know you were deleted and 2) if you do know that you were deleted, you don't know why you were deleted.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I was told why, and I maintain that technically it was NOT a nude photo.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yes I do. How would you know what to not do in the future?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yes, I do. I've had a couple of deletes that I've never been given an answer for.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Yes. Half the time I don't even notice that they deleted my answers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2013

• I had a month or so where I got deleted a lot. I got messages regarding most of them. I argued with every single one and a lot of them were 'restored' afterwards. I don't know why sometimes I got a message and sometimes I did not. There were times I did not get a message so I messaged them instead!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Yes, I would want to know why what I said was deleted - that goes for an individual comment or if a whole thread of mine is taken down. For instance, I had things deleted on a pregnancy question that shouldn't have been - I would have like to have known WHY they were and to have had the chance to contest the deletion. If I have done something that deserves deletion, I also would like to know, just so I know not to do it again. Though, honestly I can only think of a few times my comments were even deleted. I'd still like notification, though.

Likewise, people who have things deleted because they SHOULD be NEED to be told that so they know to STOP posting things like that. Instead we have people who get deleted who think they can blame it on other people. If CM told them why their things were deleted it would save us the finger pointing those people do and maybe help knock them down off of their high horse, so to speak.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I do think sometimes they just delete things, even if they don't need to be, just because someone throws a fit - which isn't right. If I get responses back about things I report not violating TOS, they should too, if someone's answer doesn't really merit deletion.

I do have an issue with the lack of consistency here, though. EVERY deletion should have a message with a reason why, and the ability to contest if TOS wasn't violated. EVERY report should get a response back, too. I really think CM doesn't stay on top of things - different people handling different reports - its' like it's so unorganized that they don't even keep a record of past wrongs. They NEED to be more thorough and actually HANDLE problem members. If someone is told the FIRST time WHY they were deleted, it might stop them coming back over and over again.. say... under fourteen different profiles?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2013