• In the Spotlight:

Could my daughter have ADHD?

My daughter is so much worse than terrible 2's. I am almost possitive she has ADHD. She is so hyper that she cannot fall asleep it takes me over 2 hrs just to put her to sleep. Ive tried putting her in the room by her self and tried to see if she would go to sleep that way it didnt work. She cannot even sit at the table to eat anything she has to get right back down and run around. She cant sit down and play with her toys. She does not stop from the time she gets up until the time she finally falls asleep. Ive tried time out, ive tried everything. Nothing works. It gets to the point where im in tears she is so horrible. And just cannot think of nothing else to do with her. Please help!

mommyofone32408

Asked by mommyofone32408 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You need to take your concerns to her doctor.
    Anonymous

• I hate to say this but she sounds normal to me if you do have concerns take her to her pediatricain.

Or.....Try tiring her out like take her outside or go to the park and let her round wild let all her fustration out so when you get home give her a bath have dinner and she will be out like a light bulb you have to get her tired enough. GL You really wouldn't know about the adhd until she goes to school watch her be a wiz for school :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• take her out to play more. she needs to run off her energy. idk if you can even diagnose adhd at this young of an age. don't let anyone label her now.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• She sounds normal. Often times when you are stressed out it can make your daughters behavior seem much worse then it actually is. When things are going bad for you... you need to step back and center yourself again. Easier said then done, I know. But calming yourself and standing outside of a situation and reassessing it can help you put things back into perspective. And will help you stay the calm mother your two year needs.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ok Try this book -- its short Magic 1, 2, 3 by Thomas Phalan--- IT Works-
    the other stuff I want to mention are these... Is she getting a minimum of 11 hours of sleep a day? with nap included? If not that is a problem.
    the other thing is this try a daily activity with her - like swim class for mommy and me offered by the Y and some other places... I used a place in my home town ... they were soooo strict but only for 45 minuted 2x a week that it disciplined my daughter! now she's 4 and a pleasure.. My son is 2 and will be starting classes in April!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Do talk to your MD; these are typical of ADHD kids. (Sounds just like mine--and he was diagnosed by four different MDs by the age of 3.) Meds and education made all the difference!
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have testimonies on ADHD - go to www.Lifeforcevault.com

my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Possibly. My daughter was wired since she was born. I used to think all moms went through my struggles and that I just needed to learn/improve my mothering skills. She used to cry as a baby and I would do everything to help her. I'd even cry with her. Four years later I had a son who is the mos laid back baby ever. He doesn't cry much. He is alway shappy and giggling. He is a very easy child. After having him and recieving feedback from preschool teachers on my daughter I have realized that my daughter is ADHD. The parent orientation for kindergarten this year is when I truly realized. My daughter was the only one who wouldn't sit still. I looked around the cafeteria and noticed all the other children sitting quietly by their parents. =(
    Daylilyangel

Answer by Daylilyangel at 6:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009