About a pool

We have an above ground ultra intx pool we had up for three weeks no issues water crystal clear. We took it down for two days to add dirt to ground roots where trying to poke threw. Well now we have crystal clear green water we have vacuumed and has chlorine and shocked several times. No residue on sides or bottom. It's frustrating because water is so clear and nothing is working. Oh we added heavy metal stuff as well. Any ideas what else todo??

tna7477

Asked by tna7477 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Try algae clear stuff. Run your pump after you put it in for a few hours
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• It's mustard algae. You need to pick up some stuff called Yellow Out and follow the directions. I think you throw in a packet, 2.5 gallons of chlorine and run your pump for 24 hours.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Get a pump and let it run for a bit. "green pool water" isn't really a big deal and actually quite common, even with in ground pools. It's due to a build up of microorganisms and algae.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Take a sample of your pool water to a local pool supply place to be tested. They can offer tips on where to go from there. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I don't have a pool (yard is way too small and I'm too cheap) but I have talked to some that have. 1 lady that I've talked to said this has been a very strange year for her pool and she has been having a hard time getting the color and balance correct. She says she has used more shock this year than others. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the shock. Idk. But she did say that she takes a sample in to the local pool supply place to have it tested. She finally got it to where it is safe, but still doesn't look right.

Maybe this is the pool supply places' way of getting everyone to convert to salt water pools.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• We have been using pump! As for shock that's a great question maybe it has metals in it like copper that will make water turn. Good thought. Wish I could post a picture but my phone won't let me. :(
    tna7477

Comment by tna7477 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Yes my husband is going to a pool supply and ask should we use glass or plastic to take water in?
    tna7477

Comment by tna7477 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2013