Babies and hardwood.floors

What should I be expecting with a baby learning to crawl in a house with hardwood floors? My first baby learned on carpet and was never injured falling. I just worry too much. I have babylegs for her knees. Just hoping she doesn't bonk her face a lot! :(

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may bonk her forehead quite a bit but I assure you it will not be hard enough to leave more than a small light bruise *sometimes*.
    On a side note: My DS learned to crawl in the grass. lol. He hated the feeling of the grass on his belly so he *had* to stay on his hands and knees to move.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• My kids had no problems with hardwood floors and few bumps, but we have rugs in the living room and dining room

Answer by missanc at 1:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• She'll be fine. *Smile.* Wall-to-wall carpeting is a pretty recent development in human history. Many, many babies learned to crawl and walk on hardwood floors, and mankind is still thriving.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Her knees got a little raw but other then that she was fine.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Put down an area rug where she plays. I have ceramic tile in the kitchen & foyer & both kids have smashed their faces very bad on it when they slipped. Both with bloody teeth :( I put an area rug in the kitchen too. Wood is softer at least. Tile is a nightmare with kids :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• :(!!!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2013