Where do you start when cleaning the house?

Pretty much the entire house needs done, but the living room and bedrooms are clean, just need picked up, and the kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms are picked up, just need cleaned lol. All I can do is sit here and stare and wish I had super powers. Or a maid. I'm so unmotivated. Where do you start?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I start a load of laundry and then start with the kitchen and then move to the living room. I change and fold the laundry as needed while doing the other things.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I usually start with the bathrooms. I end with the vacuuming.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• The kitchen
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Well actually The living room gets cleaned monday, the kitchen on tuesday, the bathrooms on wednesday, the boys room on thursday, my bedroom on friday. DD is responsible for her own room though I clean it myself once a month for my piece of mind. Everything is touched up as needed. Laundry is at least a load or two a day.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I usually start towards the top of the room, ceiling, windows walls, and move my way down to the floor.

Generally speaking I start with the common areas or areas guests will see. Living room, kitchen, main bathroom.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• put laundry in the wash then start the dish washer, then clean the stove and counters, wipe down the fridge, sweep and mop, put load in the dryer more in the washer if needed then go to the living room, dust, have the kids pick up toys vacuum, back to the laundry room to do what needs done in there, then to the bathroom to clean up. Then I wait until the end of the night when the kids are in bed to fold laundry then put it away in the morning. If I fold while the 1yr old if awake he likes to help me unfold.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Bathroom. I do not like to clean it so I take care of it right away.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I will just say the entire house need cleaned in some way. My kids are grown so no kids rooms. Do have a Man cave, that I do not clean. DH wanted a man cave. He cleans it. I usually start with the parts of the house that are public areas. Basically where guest will see.

Living room, dinning room, Kitchen, Between all that you wash and dry cloths.  Guest bathroom(if you got one) comes next.  Then comes the pivate rooms like the familyroom and bedrooms, masterbathroom.

Answer by louise2 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• kitchen, bathroom, living room then rooms
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I usually start with the kitchen and bathrooms, since those chores don't bother me too much. I dread the picking up of clutter and the vacuuming, so those get put off. Not a strategy I would recommend, but it's what seems to happen around here.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2013