Potty training

I'm going to start potty training in 2 months when my son turns 2. What are the best training pants / methods / tips / tricks. 

I planned on staying home for a week straight to dedicate myself to potty training, with the first 2 days him running around butt naked sitting on the potty every 30 min. Then the third day putting him in training pants. Should I use pull ups or cloth boy panties, and what do I put on overnight a diaper or pull ups?

on another note he doesn't talk a lot yet and has never told me he had to go potty other than signs of grunting and trying to pull diaper off.......should I wait longer

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put the kid on the toilet as much as you can. When you go he goes.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I assume you have seen signs of readiness. You can Google "toilet training readiness" to see if you might want to wait longer.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Oh yes plenty of readiness signs
    wifey000175554

Comment by wifey000175554 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• be patient
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Many people stil use diapers at night even after a child is trained in the daytime, since it often takes a little while for kids to learn to wake up when they have to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• You can't train your child like you train a dog. Do potty 'learning' and let the child lead the way and figure it out at their own pace with a little help from you along the way.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I think it depends on the child. You can start right now, my son was 2 when I started, but now he's almost 4 and were still working on all of it. It takes time.
    Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2013