Baby names.. they are different so be prepared I guess.

I do want to give my son an original name and I understand many of you here do not necessarily like that. I do want to make sure it will not be too hard to pronounce or spell though. Please tell me which of these are easiest to spell/read and is not -too- confusing for a doctors office/school to handle.

Drégon Leroy
Augustus Monroe
Story Malone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Baby Names

• I understand your desire to go with unique names but I implore you to think about how these names will affect your child growing up.

That said, the first is out for being pronounceable and ease of spelling. Maybe the third is the least likely to have him teased
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Story Malone is the easiest
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Story Malone
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 4:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• We really love Drégon Leroy or Drégon Malone but we were afraid it would be to hard... I guess we need to weigh if it is worth it to correct it all the time huh?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• How do you pronounce Drégon? Is it like Drey-gon. as if you are saying dragon but with an accent? Either way I dislike it, I think he will have a really hard time in school and in the work force later on.

I do like Augustus the most, mainly because I like Gus as a middle name. Not a huge fan of Story but it's not bad.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Drégon Leroy - won't be spelled or pronounced right
    Augustus Monroe - not easily shortened as kids tend to do... you might not like the nicknames such as Auggie - Gus might work.
    Story Malone - sounds to much like a cartoon character... that's going to cause him some trouble in middle school!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Crafty, she didn't ask for a dissertation, lol

Now start over, which is the easiest to spell and pronounce?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• you were right the first time 'Drey-gon'

I am so not worried about the work force. lol. People are so funny about that. An 'unusual name; is no worse than an 'ethnic name' and companies can not discriminate based on well, anything. For all they know it is an 'ethnic name' and they would not want to be hit with a discrimination suite I am sure. Qualifications are what matters. Plus we have offered very simple and not too far outside of the box middle names for him to choose if he wishes. As I said I understand many of you here do not like to see names that are not Suzy and John but that is what we have decided. While we choose not to go so far outside of the box as others like the girl in DD class named Abacuzully', we do enjoy names that are not common and maybe even not really heard of. Our 6 year old DD is Sunshine Evangeline
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• The second and third choices are both spellable and pronounceable. But when I hear the name Augustus, I automatically think of that fat, piggish German kid in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. Out of the name suggestions, I'd pick Story Malone. Bregon sounds like it would be nice, but you'll be explaining it, spelling it, and correcting pronunciation till the boy is old enough to do it himself, and then he'll be doing it as long as he lives.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• None of those is original and none are ones your son will thank you for when he is growing up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2013