Do you think it's wrong

To drop your kids off at the bus stop and leave before the bus gets there? I have a job opportunity but I would have a hard time with my Los getting on the bus. There are about 15 kids at the bus stop (a few parents) my main consern is my youngest is starting kindergarten. They would wait for 5 minutes for the bus. I see a bunch of kids alone at the bus stop but I'm wondering how many people actually do this.

I'm also waiting to see if I can start later and get off later. Starting pay is 16 dollars an hour and I'd hate to have to turn it down.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 5:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• it depends on age. my kids last yr were in 1st and 2nd and my husband and I moved heaven and earth to be there for them.... suppose bus is late or broken down??? once a half day kindergartner was there on a no kindergarten day... she would have arrived at school only to be sat in the office awaiting her Mom, who had no car. I had the driver call the school and then I walked her home. the mom was annoyed.... as was I

anyways sh!t happens. kindergarten is SO young..... can u drop off at school on your way to work? more play time for them before class??
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Drop off is 30 minutes later than the bus. My oldest would be fine it's honestly my LO that I would worry about. I'm just crossing my fingers they let me start later.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Could you talk with one of the parents who is out there waiting with their children to keep an eye out on your child. If for some reason the bus wasn't coming then they could call you and let you know what's going on. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• My oldest friends mom is there 3 days out of the week but the other two she goes in early so there would be two days I wouldn't have anyone to ask. I don't know the other parents and would feel weird asking.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Would your oldest be there with your youngest?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Be there the first day and talk to one of the mothers. Explain. I'm sure she wouldn't mind watching your kids. But make sure she has your call number. But I would also talk to work and see if you could be there a little later.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I would talk to some of the other neighborhood parents and see if you can get one of them to agree to stay with them at the bus stop. Someone who has your cell number if anything happens and can make sure your kids get where they need to go without any 'drama' If it is a parent that would normally stand there anyway they may be perfectly okay with it! I know I would be.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Yes she would. Shes going into third has a key to the house and knows my number.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I personally wouldn't do it b/c there are so many creepers out there, but to each their own.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Since there will be a mom there that you know at least 3 days of the week and your oldest has a key to the house and knows your number, then I think it would be fine. I would go over some basic rules and what to do if an emergency happens or the bus doesn't come to have both of them prepared.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2013