Red spot on little boys private?? kinda private

On the bottom part of my little boys penis like on the shaft where it touches his testicles there has sometimes been a red bump and is red. It has came and gone. He has a little bit of extra skin so I thought it may be where it sticks and rubs it raw but he just told me its itching for the first time :/ I'm going to take him to the Dr Monday about it but I was just curious if anyone knew what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• He is 3 so he is not in diapers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Maybe heat rash?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• How old is your son? How long has this been going on? Have you tried diaper ointment on the spot, or baby powder to keep it dry?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Has he been swimming? My grandson at 3 got irritated from the mesh lining in the swim suit.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I think it does happen more when he sweats but he usually wears underwear with the swimming trunks BC they make his butt itch. And he is 4
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• He is 3** ab to be 4 lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• The penis tends to stick to the testicles, and if he's sweating a lot, that sweat could be getting stuck between the two parts, and it would likely lead to irritation. When my boys were around that age, it happened. I just helped them put some baby powder (or when they decided baby powder was too "babyish", some Shower to Shower or some other powder along those lines) down there, or if it got really bad, a tiny bit of diaper rash cream. Usually the powder did the trick, but if not, the diaper rash cream would always clear it up. If you try those and they don't work, then you might want to take him to the doctor.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2013