What would you do with a sun room?

I'm torn on what to do with it. Have it as a dining room or a play room maybe? It has an outlet, it's summer so it won't be too cold. Looks to be sealed well. It will do the kids good to play and be able to see and hear the outdoors, especially the baby. I just get kind of tired of all the extra space being enveloped with toys. I guess that's life.

What would YOU do with a sun room?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• My grandparents had one when I was little. They used it as a library type room. A nice quiet area. NO toys, NO tv, No radio.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I'd love to have a sun room, and I'd actually use it as one. But it would get covered by toys, I know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• With kids that young I'd definitely look at a play room option.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• It depends on the other rooms in the house, but I'd LOVE to have a library in a sun room...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• Ours is a craft supply and play room. When my youngest is older it will go back to being a quiet place to sit and read or watch the birds on the deck.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• My inlaws have one at their house here and one at their beach house. The one here is a sitting area, a casual living space but not where the kids play (they play downstairs in the living room). At the beach it's my mil's sewing room (and an extra sleeping space with air mattresses).
    I would use it as a sitting area, a no toys area.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I would love to have a sun room I would use it as a great place to read books and just relax but if you need it as a playroom use it as such.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• If I had one I would use it for prayer area.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• If there was another play room option in the house, I'd keep it for a quiet space. Maybe a couple of toys but very few.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• In a perfect world, I'd use it as my library where I sat, drank coffee/tea, and read Agatha Christie novels. I have a toddler and a preschooler though so that probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2013