Is this porn addiction?

My husband gets off and looks up porn at least 4 times a week.

This is even when were having sex.

I think that he might be addicted, he is really grouchy if I don't let him do it, and I'm really not sure what to do, should I bring this up to our doctor?

I didn't mind it at first but now it seems like its getting excessive because hes NOT happy withOut it, and that bothers me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• sounds like addiction, if its changing his mood for the worse when he doesn't get it yes, sounds like addiction. Please don't let all these other lemmings "porn is a-ok" people convince you, get yourselves into marriage counseling.
    Anonymous

• Viewing porn alone isnt an addiction but when someone begins to rely on it to have sex or sexual experiences thats when its a problem.

Answer by gemgem at 2:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Even if they
    do
    not rely on it to have sex or sexual experiences it
    can
    still be a problem..
    If the wife doesn't like it..
    if it takes away from the family..
    if it consumes them..
    on and on and on...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I guess an addiction of any kind is something you can live without but can't stay away from. I would say yes. (If he can't go without it)
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• yep.. looks like the beginning stages of porn addiction. Try to help him now before it gets worse. Your Dr. may not want to agree with you.. so you may have to look for one who is willing to help now before things are out of hand. wishing u & your hubby the best.. this can be very difficult thing to go through. There are a few groups on CM that can help you & chat with you.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009