Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can you help me with my endometriosis?

I have endometriosis very bad. I was on birth control for it but started having break through periods. Long story short I can't get into my doctor until September. I am having alot of pain every day. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do until I see my doctor again?

Answer Question

Asked by Ladyj2121 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Health

Level 1 (-51 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call the dr back and insist on being seen sooner and explain to them how much pain you're in!
    I had to have a hysterectomy because of endometriosis! It's horrible!

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • Do what PMS says, as well as calling and telling the appointment people that you want on the cancellation list so that if anyone cancels they call you to see if you can make it instead.

    As far as the endo goes, for me heat works best, so a heating pad is my best friend. I didn't do well on BC(couldn't stop my period) plus I want to get pregnant again. I had surgery in January.

    Try OTC meds in the meantime as well. I was put on prescription pain meds prior to my surgery.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • Wow, that's a long time to wait for an appointment! I don't have endometriosis, but I've heard it can be so painful it's debilitating. Can you find a different doctor who might be able to see you sooner?

    Answer by Ballad at 1:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • Can't or Won't?
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Cal and yell till you get a sooner appointment!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • Go find yourself a Chinese herbalist, but they don't have to be Chinese. A nutritionist with Chinese herbal medicine knowledge might be even better, since nutritional deficiencies cause most of our health problems. An reputable acupuncture practitioner and Chinese herbs together should give you relief. Another way to get the body in balance is to buy a Vita Mix (powerful blender), and make veggie/fruit smoothies every day. Drink at least two a day using organic fruits and veggies. My daughter healed her thyroid disorder by going mostly vegetarian and drinking a couple of these smoothies a day. Her athletic performance improved dramatically too.

    There is an online nutritionist, Dr. Bob Marshall, that sells good remedies, too.

    Answer by peopleperson123 at 3:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • I had it really bad in my early 20's. Had to have 2 surgeries & was scheduled for my 3rd when we discovered I was pregnant. (That wasn't supposed to happen!) I'm sure treatments & meds have changed over the years, but the pain associated with it hasn't. You need to insist that you be seen sooner or look elsewhere for a more compassionate Dr. And one who won't treat you like a drug addict when it comes to treating your pain. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

  • My doctor is out of the country. I've seen another dr and she didn't even address my pain. Her solution was a new birth control and when I called today for pain meds they never called me back. I'm so frustrated. I love my regular doctor but what can I do?

    Comment by Ladyj2121 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
OMFG this is freaking hilarious!!