Would you date a man with hep c?

the guy i am seeing has it. i know it's very difficult to get through sex. it's blood spread. would you or would that scare you off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Health

• No thank you!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• It would make me nervous, especially if he got it from former drug use.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I think first I'd want to know how he got it.

Regardless, though, I'm not sure I could continue the relationship. I try not to deliberately put myself in situations where I'm at risk for things like that. There may be some circumstance under which I'd stay and keep seeing him, but I can't think of one right now.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Honestly, no.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No. That's a deal breaker for me.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I would not. That is contagious.  Is he being treated?

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• it might be a deal breaker.... it would break my moms heart. and I have little kiddos..... and my own immune system problems

true love is true love but jeez.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No & I know someone who married a man with it & did not know about it until after they were married. She has to be tested once a year & the Dr. told her to be careful about using his toothbrush or razor by accident either. He was treated for it & supposedly is much better & less contagious. I think they used Interferon for it. Ask your own Dr. if there is a treatment for him.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Well you should talk to your doctor, I don't think it is a difficult to get through sex as one might think, Condoms would be a must. Did he get it from, drugs, blood transfusion? I agree with Paulie, there are many advances in this treatment. I would most likely not get involved with him. But you need to figure out if he is the one for you.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2013