Does this happen to you? (breastfeeding)

I swear I make to much milk I always leaked with my last child who bf for 1 1/2 years. My new baby is 5 weeks old and she eats about every 3 hours sometimes 4 shes a great eater . I have to wear breast pads 24/7 . I still have to express a little milk because they get to full my let down hurts it comes so fast. Anyone else going through this? Right now I had let down so I went to the sink to let it drain out . I have straight showers shooting out lol I measured it it was 2 oz didn't even touch my breast it went on for over a min .. Crazy right?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem. The doc said I was a super producer, LOL. As I would nurse on one side, the other side would be pouring out. Let down was always super painful. Don't know what to tell you about a solution. I never found one.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Do you pump or nurse for comfort? I also had the same problem and as the previous mom said while I nursed on one side the other side leaked. I bf for 8 months and throughout those months I think that was almost always a problem. I think until I introduced solids is when I finally produced a little less. If you do pump that could be why but if not well I'm sure it will slow down with time. I guess that's just part of the process :/ maybe you should try to find a lactation consultant I'm sure she'll know how to help. Good luck! (:
    ._Andrea_.

Answer by ._Andrea_. at 6:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yeah either express in the shower or pump the other side while you nurse. Seems a shame to waste it. Ever thought about donating the extra?? It should even out in time. Unfortunately not a lot you can do about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I don't pump I need to soon though cuz I have to go back to work in a month, my let down happens even when baby is not eating . out of no where
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• It sounds like you have an overactive let down and if you google that there are many ways to try to alleviate it. Never had the problem myself though. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Wow, that's really something. I had to fight for every damn drop of milk that came out of my breasts the whole first year.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• At five weeks it would be stunning if you DIDN'T have this problem... it's a good one to have. Doesn't sound crazy at all. Sounds normal.

Wore pads every minute for four months.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2013