Do you believe in spanking and do you spank in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Maybe, maybe not
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes but its not my way to discipline my child.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No and certainly not.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• NO and NO. It shows a lack of discipline on the parent. If the behavior is so bad that you can't do anything other than hit your child, you fail. You probably shouldn't be a parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I do if it fits the crime, but I don't believe in spanking in public because I don't think publicly humiliating your child is okay.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• A quick swat,sure,I've used that in the past

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes and no. I don't hit out of anger. I have 5 kids and spanking works for 2. If it was due to me being out of control I would spank all 5, I use what works for each child and tailor it to the offense. I can't think of anything my kids would do in public that would warrant a spanking. My kids are generally well behaved and when they act out its almost always at home

Answer by missanc at 10:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes and yes.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes & no- even a simple swat on the behind can be captured on someone's camera & blown out of proportion. We all know how the media likes to blow things out of proportion or make something a story when it's not. So, although it's not my 1st choice of discipline, it def. would happen in the privacy of our own home.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes and yes. It's not my first choice but if my child takes off in a parking lot then yes a swift swat works wonders. I'll take safety over hurt any day. If someone wants to turn me in for that then so be it. At 5, 6 & 7 they all know to stay by me and to walk in a parking lot. If it's in a store then they have to ride in the shopping cart which they hate (I'm not a baby mom)
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2013