Do you shop at warehouse/ wholesale clubs?

What do you find to be worth the expense of the membership? How much is your annual membership fee?

Also, what do you find to be outrageously MORE expensive than your local grocery store?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 9:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Shopping

• We do some shopping at Costco- It's 55 a year I think?
    when we had a dog- we bought dog food
    we buy some meat, those boxes of single serving chips and random things there- but most things I can get cheaper at Walmart. If you need a cake-those are a good deal and they do have frozen teriaki bowls that I get- they are yummy and a perfect amount of calories for me to have one for dinner or whatever so I buy those
    If you know your prices at another store- then you can decide what is or isn't a good deal.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• We have a card to BJs that our in laws pay for. We use it mainly for gas for the cars and paper products. Now that the kids are out of diapers we don't use it as much. I don't think it would be as useful for a small family but with 7 of us, the bulk sizes suit us well.

Answer by missanc at 9:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No but I have bought items thru Amazon in bulk.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Costco and it's damn well worth it. Most paper and cleaning supplies are cheaper at warehouse stores. So when school supply time comes up and I need so many boxes of lysol wipes, tissues, or storage bags, it's really handy to have. Especially with multiple children. Not to mention it is things that I use year round and can get at a cheaper price. Generally meats like ground beef etc are cheaper as well. The downfall is the selection isn't always as abundant as in your local grocery store.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• We go to Costco monthly. Some things we always keep stocked - cases of water, Kirkland's version of Splenda, 10 lb bags of frozen chicken breasts, pickles, and produce. They have some great prices on these things, but of course we also buy whatever catches our eye that we just can't live without, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I love Costco. I think it's worth the 55 a year. We bought 2 TVs there at a great price. I also love the convenience of have 200 days worth of dishwashing detergent and 300 garbage bags. You never run out of things.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• We have a Costco membership and a Sams membership. Our Sams membership is $35 a year (I think. It's the basic business membership) and our Costco is $110 a year. With our Costco membership, we get a percentage back at the end of the year, which always covers the cost of the membership plus some, so it doesn't end up costing us anything. Our biggest check was $265 at the end of the year. Costco is where we mostly shop for all of our groceries. They have great produce, frozen and refrigerated stuff. Almond milk, orange juice, Greek yogurt, frozen vegetarian burgers, etc are all much cheaper there. Paper products, dry stuff, all of that. At Sams, we like their take and bake cheese pizzas (I like theirs better than Costco's). I like their lunch meat best. There are a few other things, and also the lithium batteries that my husband goes through like crazy at work are like half the price of other stores.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I shop at Sams for a lot of things.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Costco I get mostly furniture just a few food items . the fee is 100 , Gas is less and you do get a rebate that sometimes offsets the annual fee. A table for 700 versa anywhere else almost 3000
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I have to drive like an hour and a half to get to a costco. Not worth the trip in my opinion.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2013